To ensure that Extension is valued as a powerful catalyst and a trusted source of high-impact education and research supporting all aspects of local foods.
A safe, healthy, and affordable supply of fresh meats, poultry, fruits, and vegetables is accessible to all consumers, schools, and food-service businesses.
Farmers, ranchers, and food businesses are able to profitably market their products locally and regionally.
People and communities are empowered to grow, prepare, preserve, and consume nutritious foods through community and backyard gardening, healthy cooking, and canning and food preservation.
We value and seek to promote:
- Local foods initiatives as sources of connection, conversation, and nourishment.
- Partnerships and volunteerism.
- Self-reliance and hard work.
- Fresh, safe, nutritious foods.
- Local identity and culture.
- The power of education.
- The professionalism of the Extension worker; the dedication of the farmer; and the pride of accomplishment.
Print-ready version: local-foods-mission-vision-12-08-2014.pdf